Information about processing of personal data, cf. Article 13 and 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679)
When you use web pages run by Handyman House Ltd, or you are in contact with us by receiving newsletters, promotions or purchase merchandise from us, we will process personal data about you.
Handyman House Ltd is responsible for processing your personal data (data controller). Below you will find a description of how Handyman House Ltd. process your personal data.
1. Which categories of personal data is processed
- General data, identity and contact information (such as name, email address, address, phone number)
- Payment data (such as credit card number)
- Purchase data in our internet store
2. The personal data will be processed for the following purposes
- To send out marketing material, newsletters and provide information about our business
- To answer a request from you, which is based on legitimate interests
- The preparation, administration and execution of a purchase order from you
- In order to fulfill obligations imposed by law, regulation or other government orders
3. Storage time
The data stored will be deleted when replaced by more relevant data. unless longer storage is imposed by law, all personal data will be deleted or anonymized within 12 months, once you withdraw consent or after any contract has been fulfilled.
Where enquiries have been made or transactions have been placed by customers the data will be stored for the longevity of the contract or until the enquiry has been answered.
4. Legal basis for the processing
The legal basis is the EU personal data Regulation (2016/679) Article [6 (a), (b), (c) and (f)] and corresponding national legislation
- (b) The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you, as necessary to maintain the supply of painting tools and associated products
- (c) The processing is necessary to comply with any legal obligations
- (f) The processing of your contact information is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Orkia, and in particular for answering your requests or enquiries
If our information processing is based on your consent, you also have the right to at any time revoke your consent to our further processing of your personal data.
If our information processing is connected to a contract or legally binding obligation and you fail to provide certain information requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered with you.
5. Transfer of personal data
We will not share your personal data with third parties without a legal basis for such transfer. Examples of such legal basis will typically be an agreement with you or a legal obligation to transfer such personal data.
We also use personal data processors who process personal data on our behalf and only after instruction, examples of these processors are those who help fulfill orders, deliver packages, sending postal mail or email, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments and suppliers of IT systems and applications, agencies and data process companies, when such data processors are used we enter into an agreement to ensure sufficient information security.
The personal data is processed on Microsoft servers within the EU/EEA area. The personal data is processed on Microsoft servers within the and outside the EU/EEA area. Appropriate safeguards are in place for personal data processed outside the EU/EEA. Standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission / EU-US Privacy Shield authorization is in place. Please see below for contact info to obtain a copy of the safeguard documentation.
6. Your rights
You have the right to gain access and to rectify or erase personal data, and to restrict or object to processing, or request transfer of personal data to another party (data portability), if certain requirements are fulfilled.
You have the right to lodge a complaint relating to the personal data processing with your local data protection authority, see here for contact details
We may need to request specific information to confirm your identity when you are exercising your rights as set out above to ensure that personal information is only disclosed to you.
7. Contact information
Our contact information is:
- Address: Handyman House Ltd, Spring Lane, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 1AJ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01684 568191
Please use our email address for enquiries regarding personal data or if you want to exercise your rights above.